Friday 12 April 2013

Brownie Bliss



I can't believe I haven't posted this before.  I apologize for sitting on this recipe for so long and not sharing it with you.  It's good.  It's very good.  I'm normally a fudgey brownie person, but I will make an exception for these cakey carob brownies that are free of wheat, eggs, dairy, and refined sugar.  So without any further delay, here's the recipe:


Carob Brownie Bliss Bars
Adapted from Chocolate Covered Katie

1/2 cup  carob powder
1 cup rye flour
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1 cup pure pumpkin puree
1/2 cup pure maple syrup
6 tbsp grapeseed oil (or other neutral flavoured oil)
4 tbsp light coconut milk
2 droppers worth (about 50 drops) vanilla creme stevia (or 1 tbsp pure vanilla extract)

1.  Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  Line an 8x12" pan with parchment (or use a non-stick pan)
2.  Combine the carob powder, rye flour, baking soda and salt together in a bowl.
3.  Puree with a stick blender the rest of the ingredients in a separate bowl (or cup that may be provided with your stick blender).

Mmm delicious?  Not yet, but it will be. 

Apres puree.

4.  Add the wet ingredients to the dry and before you know it, you have your brownie batter!


5.  Pour batter into the pan and spread it evenly within.


6.  Bake about 25 minutes until a toothpick comes out clean.  Leave in pan at least 10 minutes before cutting up into 24 squares, or when I am PMS-ing or just too darn emotional it makes 3-4 brownies, hahahaha. 

Killing me to take pictures before digging in!
Tada!  Now go make your yourself some and enjoy your Friday night!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Bad Friends Make Good Pasta

I am such a bad friend. I shared a picture on my IG  of a superfast pasta dish and didn't share how I made it. It was late, I was starvi...