Friday 30 November 2012

Bad Case of the Munchies

Is your mouth watering yet?  Mine sure is.

I was preparing my salad ingredients for a lunch this week when I had a nibble of my roasted edamame beans.  It was late (after my 7pm cut-off for eating that the homeopath recommended), and I just had to "test" them, you know, make sure they turned out.  One taste and I was hooked.  I finished about a half a cup worth.  Okay, more than half a cup.  It didn't leave much for lunch the following day so I quickly whipped up another batch....and proceeded to eat the rest of the first batch.  When it's a "safe snack" it is difficult to deny or even pace myself.  Perhaps you too have snacks that you enjoy like this, in moderation.  These are a great after-work snack, salad topper or movie theater sneak-in.  Salty goodness in little green beans. 

Roasted Edamame

1 cup edamame (I often am too hasty and skip thawing them, it still works, just a little less crunchy)
1 tbsp oil (if that, I use grapeseed a lot lately)
freshly ground (Hawai'ian? hehe) sea salt and pepper

Preheat oven to 425 degrees.  Toss (preferably thawed) edamame in oil and spread out on a baking sheet.  Roast for 20-25 minutes, stirring around every ten minutes or so, until they start to turn golden brown.  You will still see some green parts, but trust me they will be delicious.  Crack salt and pepper and when cooled, store in an airtight container....if there's any left. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Bad Friends Make Good Pasta

I am such a bad friend. I shared a picture on my IG  of a superfast pasta dish and didn't share how I made it. It was late, I was starvi...